Every bride wants to look beautiful on her wedding day. The dress, professionally done hair and perfectly manicured nails usually cost a decent amount of money. The groom and bridesmaids may get off a little cheaper but the average wedding still comes with a pretty sizable price tag.
We've broken down the biggest expenses that the typical wedding party encounters.
1. How much does the average wedding cost? According to the latest statistics, the average wedding cost is around $35,000, not including the cost of the honeymoon. That's an increase of nearly of 5% over the last year.
2. What's the average cost of the wedding dress?
For brides-to-be, the big day is all about the dress and on average, they spent around $1,800 to find the right one in 2020. There are different options how you can save on the dress. We'll discuss them in next posts. Here you can find the affordable wedding dresses.
3. What's the price tag for a tuxedo rental? It's also important for the groom to be well dressed and fortunately, tuxedos aren't quite as pricey as wedding gowns. The average amount spent for a tuxedo this was $400.
4. How much does it cost to be a bridesmaid? Being a bridesmaid is certainly an honor but it doesn't come cheap. Between the dress, shoes, shower gifts, wedding gifts and the bachelorette party, the average bridesmaid is out nearly $1,700. There are places in Ottawa where you can find affordable bridesmaid dress (under 100).
5. What do couples spend on their rings? These days, diamonds don't come cheap; the average cost of an engagement ring is somewhere in the neighborhood of $5,600. By comparison, grooms usually pay between $600 and $800 for their wedding bands.